We’re proud to announce that iVerify is now an independent company following its four-year incubation at Trail of Bits. Originally developed in-house to ensure that our personal phones, which store data essential to our work and private lives, were secured to the standards of security professionals, iVerify quickly showed that it could be valuable to the public:
“The mobile security market has a problem. Simply put, current solutions fail to meet the sophistication of modern threats or the growing privacy desires of mobile device users… Forensics tools are limited, and researchers are not necessarily equipped to rapidly discover and alert targets that their device has been compromised in a timely manner.
[iVerify’s] vision is to arm organizations and individuals with the protection they need in this changing world. We are building the first mobile threat hunting company focused on countering the emerging mobile spyware threat.” – iVerify
Trail of Bits launched the iVerify security toolkit for iPhones in 2019, an enterprise product in 2020, then an Android app in 2021. Now, with $4 million in seed funding, iVerify plans to expand its capabilities to reach more enterprise customers.
At the helm are four Trail of Bits alumni: Matthias Frielingsdorf, Jelmer de Hen, and Vlad Orlov, who join CEO Danny Rogers. Their contributions to making iVerify an essential consumer and enterprise product motivated investors, including Mischief Ventures, Mantis Venture Capital, Altman Capital, and others.
“It’s rare for a seed startup to have the impressive portfolio of enterprise customers that iVerify already has. It’s also rare to find a founding team with the technical prowess and the business mindset to build something that is both technically sound and commercially viable.” – Dustin Moring, General Partner at Mischief Ventures (lead investor).
We couldn’t agree more. Thank you to the team and everyone who has contributed to iVerify’s success. We’re excited to watch from the sidelines as iVerify leads the cause in safeguarding individual and organizational device security.
Read the entire press release to learn more about iVerify’s product offerings and plans for growth, and check out additional coverage from around the web:
- Why The Chainsmokers Invest in—and Party With—Niche Cybersecurity Companies
- iVerify Raises $4M to Take On the Growing Threat of Mercenary Spyware
- Introducing iVerify, the first mobile threat hunting company
- Decipher Podcast: iVerify CEO Danny Rogers and COO Rocky Cole join Dennis Fisher to discuss the spinout of the iVerify mobile security tool as a standalone company, the scourge of mercenary spyware, and how enterprises can protect their users.
- Danny Rogers: “With the commercialization of advanced spyware, the narrative around mobile security has changed. That change demands new approaches, and iVerify is setting out to be the world’s first true mobile threat hunting company focused on combating mercenary spyware.”
- Matthias Frielingsdorf: “I’m very proud to announce the launch of the first mobile threat hunting company, iVerify, which we’re building to harmonize security and privacy in the face of a new class of mobile security threats!”
- Rocky Cole: “… the security industry still looks a lot like it did when I first joined the hacking community, straight out of college… It’s time for something new and I’m beyond thrilled to be working with … our growing and exceptionally talented team at iVerify to bring the world the mobile security product it deserves.”
- Alex Pall (Chainsmokers): “Since we’re all about propelling ingenious solutions that crack real-world problems, iVerify – which was incubated by security research firm Trail of Bits – was an obvious bet”
- Gabriel Jacoby-Cooper: “It’s exceedingly difficult to fight back against the mercenary spyware, but the iVerify team is simply the best to do so.”
- William Knowles: “iVerify is the one smartphone app everyone concerned with their security should install and make well advised updates to their devices.”
If you’re as enthusiastic about the mission and potential of iVerify as we are, consider becoming a part of their groundbreaking journey. They’re on the lookout for talented individuals who can help turn their vision for a safer mobile ecosystem into reality. Here are the current opportunities they have open: